The K9 unit consists of three handlers and three canines.
The canine unit is dedicated to professional service through high standards of weekly training and on-going education of handlers.
The Rogers County Sheriff’s Department K-9 Unit provides trained police dogs and handlers 24-hours a day. The canine team is proud to be a daily utilized special unit provided to the community.
The goal of the K-9 Unit is to protect the citizens, apprehend suspects and add to the safety of the deputies.
• Apprehension of criminal offenders
• Locate missing persons
• Searches of buildings and property
• Provide public awareness demonstrations
These services are provided through the daily patrol activities and through educational and public demonstrations.
The Rogers County Sheriff’s Department Canine Unit exists for no other reason than to:
• Provide a high level of quality service
• Provide protection to our community
• Provide support to field deputies